Thursday, July 1, 2010

Abwoon D'Bashmaya

Testing YouTube embed feature. I have the words below for singing along. I can sing it halfway before having to look them up. I can't explain why it makes me feel so good to be able to say these words ... I think in English, for heaven's sake! The translation of each phrase is a couple of posts down ...




Abwûn d'bwaschmâja
Nethkâdasch schmach
Têtê malkuthach.
Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha.
Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna.
Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikânadaf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên.
Wela tachlân l'nesjuna
ela patzân min bischa.
Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn.
Amên.

2 comments:

Jane Heitman Healy said...

Thank you so much, Vijaya! That is so beautiful and soothing!

Vijaya said...

Jane, I'm so happy you are enjoying this ... I am too.