Saturday, November 8, 2014

It Can Wait Texting and Driving Winners!

It Can Wait Writing and Video Contest Winners

I am so proud of all these boys for taking the initiative to spread the word on not texting and driving. You can read the full essay and watch the videos here: http://scpress.org/ItCanWait/ 


We got the news yesterday just before Max got home from school. I could see the smile on his face well before he got home ... he had his cell phone out. "Look up," I whispered. We had a great time reminiscing about all his writing adventures before he headed off to film a football game. He remembered how he wrote a 20-page story about magic basketball shoes in fourth grade. I remember how he wrote and wrote, with utter concentration. The assignment was for 2 pages and he didn't look up until he had about five pages. He remembered how much he liked the story he wrote about the Egyptian scribe, his first historical. We cracked up thinking about his salmon story, how the males fought before spawning. Suspense till the very end! And I remembered the story he wrote in first grade, where the twist was so great, I wanted to steal it for a magazine article. He's given me permission!

Ah, Max! I pray you live up to this essay. You bear a greater responsibility because you've been given much. You have the hand of God upon you. May you always let Him lead you.

5 comments:

Faith E. Hough said...

Congratulations to Max! Good topic, too. My Lucy has told us that one of her requirements for her future husband is that, "he won't be one of those stupid people who texts on his phone while he drives." !

Marcia said...

Congrats to Max!!!!!!!

Becky Shillington said...

Congratulations to Max! I know you must be very proud of your smart (& writerly) son! = )

Vijaya said...

Faith, Lucy shares my sentiments exactly. Stupid people indeed...

Thank you for celebrating with us. We are very thankful to God to how our children are growing up.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Max is so grown up now! What an outstanding young man. Congratulations on this great news ... and how fun to think back about his writing over the years. God gave him his talent through his mother. :)